Installing Money Plus Deluxe on a different computer. RRS feed

• Question

• About 1 1/2 yrs ago, I purchased Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe vs # 17.0.0120.1415 online and installed in on my laptop.  Been having problems with that laptop so I got another laptop and want to install the same program onto the new computer.  I can't find the .exe file on the old computer so I can install it on the new one.  So I call Microsoft Customer support 1-800-642-7676 twice and end up getting disconnected as they are trying to transfer me to a new support representative.  Add in the fact you can barely understand these people, I was hoping I could get help here.  I know Money is no longer for sale, but right now I want to keep using it so I have been trying to figure out how to get a downloadable link to be able to install in on the new computer.  Does anyone here know how I could do that without buying a new version?  I don't really want to spend another 45 minutes on the phone only to get disconnected again.

Thank you in advance.

Monday, June 7, 2010 3:57 PM

All replies

• I guess to explain further.......  The reason why I want to keep using Money Plus Deluxe is because the bank I do business with exports statements into my program whereas they are not setup to export a file to Quicken.  For that reason, I don't want to change away from what I am using now.  If I download the Sunset version that is talked about on this forum, does that mean I won't be able to utilize the export transactions feature any longer from my bank?  I will be bummed bigtime if that is my only alternative.
    Monday, June 7, 2010 4:14 PM
  • I guess to explain further.......  The reason why I want to keep using Money Plus Deluxe is because the bank I do business with exports statements into my program whereas they are not setup to export a file to Quicken.  For that reason, I don't want to change away from what I am using now.  If I download the Sunset version that is talked about on this forum, does that mean I won't be able to utilize the export transactions feature any longer from my bank?  I will be bummed bigtime if that is my only alternative.

Sunset version does mean that you could not import data directly from your bank with Money.'

You could buy a new copy of Money Plus Deluxe via Ebay, but that is only going to get transactions thru January 2011.

Depending on how the transactions now get from your bank to Money now, you might be able to get the Python scripts to download data from your bank. I have not studied the scripts.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 6:50 PM
  • If I download the Sunset version that is talked about on this forum, does that mean I won't be able to utilize the export transactions feature any longer from my bank?  I will be bummed bigtime if that is my only alternative.

If you are downloading the files and processing them locally with Money then the Sunset version should not break this.
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 6:51 PM

Don't know exactly what you mean by "exports statements into my program".  If you mean that you initiate transaction downloads from within Money which then connects to your bank via the internet and downloads the transactions into Money, then the Sunset version will not do that because all online services have been removed from that version.  But no other version of Money will do that either after Jan 2011.

If you mean that you export transaction data from your bank from the bank's website (via an OFX file) and then import that data into Money (which Money does automatically when the exported OFX file is transferred to your computer) then the Sunset version will do that very nicely.  I have been using the Sunset version and I am continuing to export and import transaction data from my banks exactly like I did with the standard version of Money Plus.

Regards

Bill Wood

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 2:17 PM