none
AS/400 OLE DB Connection string throwing "no message" error

Question

•  conn = new OleDbConnection(@"Provider=IBMDA400;System=---ip address---;Uid=xxxxxx;Pwd=xxxxxx;MGDSN=0;");

// Create a SQL query string
                    SQLqrystr = "Select FPROD As Part_Number, FRDTE As Due_Date, FRSDT As Release_Date, FQTY As Planned_Quantity from KFP Where FRDTE = '" + StartDate;

// Create DataSet 
                    dsUpload = new DataSet();

//Create an OleDbDataAdapter for the table.
                    daUpload = new OleDbDataAdapter(SQLqrystr, conn);

// Create Command Builder
                    OleDbCommandBuilder cmdBldr = new OleDbCommandBuilder(daUpload);

// Fill the DataSet
                    daUpload.Fill(dsUpload, "WO_Upload");

The above code is returning this: "No error message available, result code: DB_E_ERRORSOCCURRED(0x80040E21)"

Attempting to send an SQL query into an AS400 using the OLE DB connection objects. There's more code but walking through in deBug it throws the exception after attempting that final line. In other places in this program I'm using OLE DB connection objects to send queries into an Access database with no problem.

What I've typed so far exhausts my knowledge of this process. Any help as to why this isn't working would be splendid.

Thank you.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:07 PM

Answers

• Hi PrinceSaxony,

I'm afraid that it is not the correct forum for you, since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE.

Based on your desciption, this issue is related to the third party data provider. Sorry for that we didn't support the third party product, but if possible, you could post this issue to the third party support site for it.

Maybe this forum would be better for you:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000292&ps=25

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by PrinceSaxony Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:08 PM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi PrinceSaxony,

I'm afraid that it is not the correct forum for you, since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE.

Based on your desciption, this issue is related to the third party data provider. Sorry for that we didn't support the third party product, but if possible, you could post this issue to the third party support site for it.

Maybe this forum would be better for you:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000292&ps=25

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by PrinceSaxony Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:08 PM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:41 AM
  • I will migrate over thanks.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:08 PM