WHSoobe.exe /server not working RRS feed

• Question

• when i startup WHS it comes up with the WHSoobe.exe /server screen (aka WHS setup) but i get the error saying it can not continue.

now i get bugged everytime i restart it.

is there any way round this?

NB i have tried going via whsoobe.exe and not using the server swich and all iget is the entger the server name and thats it.

as this is for a client (our company install's them for the client) i can not leave it in.

Please help ASAP as the client is getting on my case.

WHS is an oem version.

Sunday, June 1, 2008 4:08 PM

Answers

• I think your best option would be to perform a server reinstallation which would reinstall the OS but preserve the data.

Has this always been the case or is it a recent event? If its recent, do you know what caused it? Incompatible software, bad add-in, etc?

Andrew

Sunday, June 1, 2008 4:13 PM

All replies

• I think your best option would be to perform a server reinstallation which would reinstall the OS but preserve the data.

Has this always been the case or is it a recent event? If its recent, do you know what caused it? Incompatible software, bad add-in, etc?

Andrew

Sunday, June 1, 2008 4:13 PM
  • I have done fresh installs 4 times now.
    this as always happend on the WHS system even the connector has issues trying to find the server (though the work around soves that)

How would a reinstall sove this?

when installing it says setup is already running then compleates.

Sysprep also fails on WHSsetup saying that the file is not a service

This is the first time on all the WHS Systems i have done which does this.

I will do a server  reinstallation and post back

Sunday, June 1, 2008 5:19 PM
  • after doing a re-install whsoobe.exe worked like a dream.

thanks alot for your help.
    Sunday, June 1, 2008 7:14 PM