Microsoft Money 2002 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Due to series of events I have ended up deleting Microsoft Money 2002.  I have found and downloaded Money 2004 and Money Sunset.  However, neither of these can read my file.  Sunset found an old backup file and was able to open that (transactions up to 2005!) but couldn't open the most recent file.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can use my old file in the new versions or download a version of 2002?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Buff

Friday, October 1, 2010 10:12 AM

Answers

• IF M+ Sunset says "Incompatible version" you were likely using UK or International.

The only way to read the file is to get it opened with the same or newer version and localization as what wrote the file. If you can get there, then there us a path (ugly but better than nothing) to, say, M+ Sunset US for your account transaction data via QIF Export and Import.

• Marked as answer by Buff Daddy Monday, October 4, 2010 8:26 AM
    Sunday, October 3, 2010 4:13 AM

All replies

• Can you amplify on "neither of these can read my file"? Error messages, etc?
    Friday, October 1, 2010 1:28 PM
  • Sorry about that - I wasn't particularly clear there!

I have various files with extensions .mny or .mbf  or .M10 Two things are happening:

1. I'm asked if I want to convert the file, so I click Yes.  The file is converted

2. Try to open the file and get a message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version"

Buff

Friday, October 1, 2010 11:28 PM
  • "incompatible version" generally means that the data file was written with one localization of Money (say Money for UK) and you are now trying to read it with a different localization (say Money US).
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 4:05 AM
  • Is there any way to overcome this?  Since I'm based in Australia I have no idea whether I was using Money US or Money UK.

Thanks for your help Dick!

Buff

Saturday, October 2, 2010 4:52 AM
  • IF M+ Sunset says "Incompatible version" you were likely using UK or International.

The only way to read the file is to get it opened with the same or newer version and localization as what wrote the file. If you can get there, then there us a path (ugly but better than nothing) to, say, M+ Sunset US for your account transaction data via QIF Export and Import.

• Marked as answer by Buff Daddy Monday, October 4, 2010 8:26 AM
    Sunday, October 3, 2010 4:13 AM
  • Dick,

Thanks for your help - I really do appreciate it.  Obviously I've been downloading a US version.  How do I find a UK or international version and how do I tell which is which?

Buff

Sunday, October 3, 2010 8:24 AM
  • I don't think you will find sanctioned downloads of either at this point.
    Sunday, October 3, 2010 4:34 PM
  • OK.  Thanks for all your advice - much appreciated.

Buff

Monday, October 4, 2010 8:26 AM