Live Meeting - Audio Disabled RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi Guys,

When I start a Live Meeting Audo/Video conference, it by default disables audio, which means my users need to turn it on at the start of every meeting.

Is it possible to have audio enabled by default when users fire up Live Meeting?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I guess a Live Meeting 2007 group policy can help here. But I can't find an official template (ADM-file). A custom template can be an alternative.

But how to find the correct Registry Keys for the audio/video default settings?

Maybe this post: http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2257777&SiteID=57

is a helpful first step.

Best regards,

Jan

Monday, May 26, 2008 1:22 AM
  • Just to clarify, as you saving that all Audio is completely disabled, or that the each attendee's microphone is simply on mute at the start of each meeting?

The latter is the default behavior of LM, as only the presenter's mic is enabled off the bat.  Having multiple 'less-than-savvy' users trying to figure out how to disable their mic when joining a meeting while audio feedback loops create some nasty sounds is not a rich user experience, hence a good reason for muting all attendees

But if it is completely broken for everyone (including the presenter) than you have a more serious issue.

Monday, May 26, 2008 12:14 PM