none
Minimise main window during sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a new user to SyncToy (good tool by the way). I'd like to request for a "feature" where the main window can be minimised during the sync process. (or altneratively, that if I minimise the sync-process window then the main window would also minimise).

Thanks.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:00 PM

Answers

• In fact, once you minimize the Sync-process window, SyncToy will give the focus back to your other running application. Just the SyncToy main window could not be touched. I think in most of scenarios, it will not affect too much to user. Does it blocking or bring some conviniet to you?

Thanks,
    Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 3:51 AM

All replies

• In fact, once you minimize the Sync-process window, SyncToy will give the focus back to your other running application. Just the SyncToy main window could not be touched. I think in most of scenarios, it will not affect too much to user. Does it blocking or bring some conviniet to you?

Thanks,
    Ping

Monday, March 22, 2010 3:51 AM

Thanks,
    Ping

Not much annoying. but when the sync-process lasts somewhat long, it seems to me people often will minimize the main window.
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:01 AM
  • I support the suggestion to minimize the main window. With it not minimized, it hides the items on the desktop making them inaccessible.  Not only can it not be minimized, but it cannot even be moved!  A backup can last over an hour, and this can be annoying. SyncToy is a great tool, and I hope the developers add the capability to minimize the main window.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:30 PM