Lost my 1st 5 digits of my product key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi... Erm... My COA is being tear as it locate under my laptop. I am not able to see my 1st 5 digits of my product keys. What can i do?
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:59 AM

Answers

• Charleton,

Do you still have any of the information which came with your system when you purchased it?  Please contact customer service of the laptop manufacturer and explain your situation.  In turn they may ask you some questions such as the machine serial number. Maybe they have the COA registered against your purchase.  Also did you register the laptop when you purchased it? 

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA and WGA Forum Manager

Friday, June 1, 2007 10:02 PM
  • CharltonMah,

This utility http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml will report the installed product key, however, if this is an original installation of XP from a major manufacturer, then knowing the product key will not help to activate the installation in the future because these types of  product keys are not activatable.

Saturday, June 2, 2007 2:14 AM

All replies

• Charleton,

Do you still have any of the information which came with your system when you purchased it?  Please contact customer service of the laptop manufacturer and explain your situation.  In turn they may ask you some questions such as the machine serial number. Maybe they have the COA registered against your purchase.  Also did you register the laptop when you purchased it? 

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA and WGA Forum Manager

Friday, June 1, 2007 10:02 PM
  • CharltonMah,

This utility http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml will report the installed product key, however, if this is an original installation of XP from a major manufacturer, then knowing the product key will not help to activate the installation in the future because these types of  product keys are not activatable.

Saturday, June 2, 2007 2:14 AM