none
I can't create a new Xamarin project RRS feed

• Question

• I have Visual Studio 2017 and every time I try to create a new Xamarin project (Cross-Platform App, Blank App, Shared Project) this message shows up:

The imported project "C ... test_01.projitems" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Please help me with this error!

Friday, January 5, 2018 4:36 AM

All replies

• Does your project name has any space in it? If so, remove the space and shorten the project name.
    Friday, January 5, 2018 4:44 AM
  • Yes I had but now I get another error "the solution has been modified outside the environment..." 

and a configuration screen for developers pops up 

• Edited by Luis Badel Friday, January 5, 2018 4:49 AM
    Friday, January 5, 2018 4:47 AM
  • Hi

Create a new project with short name and no space in it.

Friday, January 5, 2018 4:48 AM
  •  I get another error "the solution has been modified outside the environment..." 

and a configuration screen for developers pops up 

Friday, January 5, 2018 4:52 AM
  • It may be an issue in the editor.  To temporarily get rid of it, do the following steps:

In Visual Studio, select Tools -> Options. In the Options dialog box, select Environment -> Documents. And then check the "Auto-load changes, if saved" to be true.

Friday, January 5, 2018 5:02 AM
  • Still doesn't work and the same message still pops up with the configuration window
    Friday, January 5, 2018 5:17 AM
  • Hi Luis Badel,

This forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, since your issue is more related to xamarin, I would suggest that you could post your issue on xamarin forum for suitable support.

https://forums.xamarin.com/

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:50 AM