[CRM 2013] - Update Quote entity when adding Quote Detail in the subgrid RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

There is a subgrid "Quote details" into the "Quote" form entity that permit to add, modify or delete "Quote details".

With a plugin (executed in the post operation of update Quote), I'm trying to update the value of a text "field" that is in the Quote entity when i add a quote details into the subgrid.

I saw that the Quote is saved automatically when a quote details is added on the subgrid because a process calculate automatically some fields (TotalAmount ect....).

But when i add an quote details on the subgrid, the Quote is automatically saved but my field is not checked ! The only fields that are changed are the calculated fields !

Curiously, when i delete the quote details from de subgrid, my text field is updated.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Jean-Michel

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Instead of triggering the plugin off of the update event of a system calculated field in Quote, have you thought of hooking the plugin to Quote Detail instead?

Ronald

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your help Ronald.

I've already tried it but it give the same result. 

I've created a plugin that is executed in the post operation of the update Quote details  and that update the attached Quote but when i add a quote details via the subgrid, the field is not updated on quote.

I've found more details --> when i go to the audit of quote entity, i can see that the only fields updates are the "Devise" field and all fields calculated.

Here's a screen with the field updated : 

Is there any way to update a field in Quote entity when a quote detail is added on subgrid ?

Thanks for your help.

regards,

Jean-Michel

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:07 PM
  • Did you also register your plugin to fire off of post operation create of Quote Details?

Ronald

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:44 PM
  • Hi Jean,

Why you do not create a plugin, triggered on postCreate event for quotedetail entity?

Saturday, May 10, 2014 6:56 PM