Machine Type Mismatch RRS feed

• Question

• Attempts to add a new computer fail after clicking on the downloaded installer. The message is: "Please use the correct setup program for your processor. {Machine Type Missmatch}. The image file %hs is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current processor." Get more help (Error 800702D0)."   The processor is AMD Phenom II X2 B52. The OS is Windows 7 Professional. I know of no other way to link a computer to the Mesh than to click on the downloaded installer app. The FAQ for error 8000702D0 just says reboot the machine. That has no effect. This is my new workhorse computer, and getting things synced through Mesh is very important. Thanks,

Thursday, April 22, 2010 4:51 PM

Answers

• Are you selecting the correct installer for the OS? There are 2 flavors for Vista/7- 32 bit and 64 bit. You would get the error you are receiving if you select the wrong one.

Right click Computer on the start menu and select properties - System Type will tell you if you are running a 64 bit or 32 bit version.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:03 PM

All replies

• Are you selecting the correct installer for the OS? There are 2 flavors for Vista/7- 32 bit and 64 bit. You would get the error you are receiving if you select the wrong one.

Right click Computer on the start menu and select properties - System Type will tell you if you are running a 64 bit or 32 bit version.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:03 PM
  • That worked! Thanks. I have installed and re-installed Mesh on XP machines so many times that I stopped reading the options during that step. I'm a happy guy now. Here's a tip related to my previous post - how to force a sync. What has worked for me several times with a file that had not synced on one machine for days or weeks:  I log into the Mesh website, go to the right computer on the "ring" and navigate to the correct folder. On the machine where the file has stopped syncing, I re-name the file from, say, "running log.rtf" to "running log 2.rtf". That causes an immediate conflict to show up in the same folder in the Mesh cloud. Delete the new one. The old one starts to sync and works reliably after that. It worked for me several times - can't be anecdotal.I think it really works.

Thanks again

Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:55 PM