none
How to get forums to auto-update with recent posts--again RRS feed

• Question

• Back in 2010 I would stay logged in on the C# forum, and new posts would automatically be highlighted and brought to the top; but now, I have to refresh my browser to update the board. What happened to this function, and how can I get it back?
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 3:05 AM

Answers

• No schedule for this, it's tucked back in the backlog. We have some higher pri items we are working on at the moment. 9/28 should be mostly an infrastructure and bug fixing release. After 9/28 we are looking to work on tagging, private messaging and file attachments. So this particular request likely won't make it back in for a while.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:48 PM

All replies

• It was helpful, but was removed a couple of months ago as this option was too resource extensive.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:17 AM
  • No schedule for this, it's tucked back in the backlog. We have some higher pri items we are working on at the moment. 9/28 should be mostly an infrastructure and bug fixing release. After 9/28 we are looking to work on tagging, private messaging and file attachments. So this particular request likely won't make it back in for a while.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:48 PM

Private messaging! Awesome! Tags in forums?

I assume the private messaging is for profiles in general so everyone can enjoy the future (not just forums). Right?

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Friday, September 30, 2011 2:02 AM
  • Private messaging would likely be scoped beyond forums, it could be useful for a variety of different app scenarios. But we got a lot of stuff to figure out to get that going though. But it is something we are looking into doing. I'll have more on tagging in a few weeks, probably a blog post.
    Friday, September 30, 2011 3:39 AM
  • I have to refresh my browser to update the board. What happened to this function, and how can I get it back? We have some higher pri items we are working on at the moment. 9/28 should be mostly an infrastructure and bug fixing release. After 9/28 we are looking to work on tagging, private messaging and file attachments.

Thanks

Martini

(MCP) Driver Restore uninstall

• Edited by martinism Friday, December 30, 2016 10:06 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:42 AM