Suggestion ro remove Belkin F5D7230-4 router from wireless router compatibilty list RRS feed

• General discussion

• Steve,

If you are seeing this, you might want to pass it on to the OneCare team. I highly suggest removing the Belkin F5D7230-4 Wireless G router from the Live OneCare Wireless router compatibility list.

That thing is so bad, it isn't even funny. I checked various sites on the internet, and it has a history of overheating and random disconnects from the internet, since it first come out close to 5 years ago.

I had a disconnect from the internet because of the Belkin F5D7230-4 on Monday morning, I said that's enough of this garbage, and went out and bought me a Linksys WRT54G version 8 Wireless G router, and so far I haven't had no problems of random disconnects, and problems with OneCare probing the router more than once a day, like I did with the Belkin.

Had I known about the problems with the Belkin router, all those months ago, I would have never bought one.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:48 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback and good luck with the new router. I don't think that they'd remove it from the list as the list doesn't mean it is recommended, only that OneCare supports Secure WiFi configuration on those routers. However, your post here will certainly help people in their decision on what router to buy if they want one that works with OneCare. :-)

-steve

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:08 AM
  • I'm sorry I took so long getting back, but I've been reinstalling software after having done a reinstall of Vista 64 last week.

I checked my Windows System logs, and probing of my WRT54G Wireless G router doesn't happen like it did on the Belkin router, and the TCP errors I had before are gone, as well.

Honestly the Linksys WRT54G Wireless G router is more compabitible, and works with OneCare 2.0 better than the Belkin router did.

I haven't had one random disconnect from the net all week.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:16 PM
  • No need to apologize, Nigthowl, you've had your hands full.

I'm glad that the new router is working out for you!

-steve

Friday, February 22, 2008 2:37 AM