Visibility to Custom "buttons" on the Opportunity Form RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, please bear with me I am new to administrating CRM and had to fire my CRM partner.  My question...on the Opportunity form we added custom "buttons" Won Opportunity and Lost Opportunity, when either is selected a custom form is generated.  I have several different business units/security roles set up based on business unit.  One of my business units/roles has absolutely no visibility to these buttons on the form and therefore cannot close opportunities.  I did my best to compare Security Role settings to the role that has visibility to these buttons but still no success.  Any suggestions?  Is it instead a business unit issue? Also is there a Security Role dictionary out there somewhere which can tell me specifically what each setting governs? 

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm getting desperate!!  I had already checked the ISV extension permission and it was not selected and so I selected it and still no visiblity.  As far as the code that is doubtful.  As far the Setttings Customization, I am unsure of who to locate the "Client" to check the settings, would you be so kind to explain step by step how to get their.  Are you asking me to find the Lost and Won Opportunity Forms?

• Edited by KBBA Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:49 PM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 5:57 PM

Answers

• Three things you need to check..

1. go to System settings -> Customization and mak sure Client field contains "Web Application;Outlook;Outlook Offline"

2. go to security role and go to customize tab and make sure ISV Extenstion permission is enbaled

3. make no code written on form to hide this button for specific user..

Hope this helps..

MayankP My Blog My twitter
    Monday, August 9, 2010 6:35 PM