Is it Possible to create a Java Script Library for Ribbons. We just need to pass entity name and no need of ribbon customization? RRS feed

• Question

• In my project I have to make a global Java script library. In that library I have to add basic ribbon customization features  so that time for ribbon customization will reduce. Is it achievable? On onload event of entity can we call javascript function which will perform all actions related to Ribbon Customization?

Harsha

Friday, April 26, 2013 10:17 AM

Answers

• There isn't anything exposed in Xrm.Page that would allow you to interact with the ribbon buttons in a supported way. I supposed it would be possible to use some unsupported code to potentially do something but really it wouldn't be worth the hassle when you could use a tool like Ribbon Workbench to make all your changes. Ribbon updates can be done in a minute or two without the hassle of dealing with the XML by hand. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:06 AM

All replies

• There isn't anything exposed in Xrm.Page that would allow you to interact with the ribbon buttons in a supported way. I supposed it would be possible to use some unsupported code to potentially do something but really it wouldn't be worth the hassle when you could use a tool like Ribbon Workbench to make all your changes. Ribbon updates can be done in a minute or two without the hassle of dealing with the XML by hand. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:06 AM
  • Yes it is possible.

However, it is not supported. (maybe because of the jscript dom manipulation.)

Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:35 AM
  • Thanks for your answer.

How can we achieve that?

Harsha

Monday, June 10, 2013 4:51 AM