CRM 2013 Email Router will not process messages from unresolved senders RRS feed

• Question

• So as far as I know there is no setting to allow unresolved senders to be processed by the email router.  

We upgraded our CRM 2011 environment to a TEST 2013 instance.  I have tested the email router both on RTM and SP1 UR 1.  For some reason same thing is happening regardless:

1)  If I send an email from an email address never encountered by our CRM it goes to a forward mailbox successfully but never appears in CRM.  It is consumed successfully from the email router service as the message is successfully deleted from the forward mailbox and never put in the "undeliverable" sub folder.  So I know the service is looking at the message.  But it's like CRM Email Router looks at it but does nothing except delete from the forward mailbox.  No messages / errors in event log either.  I have not tried tracing yet, but I will do that if no one has any insight.

2)  If I change a contact in our CRM to have the same email address as I am sending the message from the email shows successfully in our queue in CRM.   

I can toggle the contact record email field back and forth and the same results.  So I have narrowed it down to definitely be this .. I did multiple tests as I can find nothing about a setting to allow unresolved senders to appear in CRM.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Edited by Gaurav K Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:41 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:27 PM

All replies

• there is a system settings in CRM to send email to unresolved recipient.

see Allow messages with unresolved recipients to be sent on this link.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/system-settings-dialog-box-email-tab.aspx

regards

Jithesh

Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:25 PM
  • there is also an option to automatically create contacts when a email is received from unknown email. Please see this

http://www.powerobjects.com/blog/2011/08/11/auto-creating-crm-leads-or-contacts-from-incoming-outlook-emails-or-meeting-requests/

the same can be done organization wide using user settings managed solution from codeplex.

regards

Jithesh

Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:35 PM
  • make sure you aren´t running into: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2963850

Incoming email to a queue with an unresolved sender, and a blank subject fails to promote.

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Monday, November 17, 2014 2:00 PM
  • Hi Jithesh:

We do have the setting that allows sending to unresolved recipients.  This works fine.  It is only when an incoming email to our queue comes in - the email router processes it without any message in event viewer, deletes from fwd mailbox.  However no message appears in the queue in CRM (or anywhere in CRM for that matter).

Gaurav

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:46 PM
  • Hi Daniel:

The subject is populated.  And I also have SP1 and UR1 for SP1 installed on the server and email router.

Gaurav

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:47 PM
  • do you mean it is related to cu2sp1? if not can you specify the answer please

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:49 PM