Data Migration RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 environments of MS CRM in our company, we are planning to change the relationship of an entity.

I need to migrate data from one environment to other, how can i achieve this,
    but the relationship between those 2 entities is different

Envi 1 -->Accounts -->FA-->Volume -->year-->Quarter
    Envi 2- ->Accounts-->FA-->Volume-->QAN --->Quarter

I need to migrate Data in the Quarter  table of Envi 1 to the Quarter Table of ENVi2

another entity named QAN is added to the Envi 2 the realtionship between the Year and quarter entity has to be removed and  new relationship has to be established between  the newly create QAN entity and the existing Quarter  entity,
    please help me on thie....

Thanks in advance ...

Thanks
    • Moved by Mathias Schiffer Monday, June 1, 2009 11:40 AM English Language Post ([Loc]From:Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
    • Moved by Mathias Schiffer Monday, June 1, 2009 12:45 PM English Language Post ([Loc]From:Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
    • Moved by Mathias Schiffer Monday, June 1, 2009 11:30 PM (From:Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
    Monday, June 1, 2009 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is the backup of the organisation and restore as a diffrent organisation an option?If this a one off, you could just copy the database a restore it as a different organisation.

Are you using any tool for data migration right now?  In that case the tool should be able to manage that, worst case you could write some custom code to do it.

Marco
    Marco Amoedo - http://marcoamoedo.com
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:40 PM