Intel Mother Boards 55 RRS feed

• Question

• I have  intel DH55TC MB's . I know intel said they would not be supporting Windows Server 2008 OS's on this board. Does Home Server (RC Vail) work on this board? Is there anyone out there who has tried it? I 'm moving to Sandy Bridge for our Work Stations and replacing the I-3 clarkdale's and DH55TC's and could see them utilized as the perfect Home Server.
    Friday, March 4, 2011 8:03 PM

Answers

•  I have the DH55HC running my WHS 2011 with no problem. You will need the Intel network drivers during the installation. Hit Shift+F10 when WHS asks for your network drivers. Run Explorer from the command prompt. Then run the EXE from Intel. I use the Windows 7 64-bit drivers for everything on that board.

I hope this helps you.

Friday, March 4, 2011 8:14 PM

All replies

•  I have the DH55HC running my WHS 2011 with no problem. You will need the Intel network drivers during the installation. Hit Shift+F10 when WHS asks for your network drivers. Run Explorer from the command prompt. Then run the EXE from Intel. I use the Windows 7 64-bit drivers for everything on that board.

I hope this helps you.

Friday, March 4, 2011 8:14 PM
  • I have the DH55TC and have installed VAIL 2011. The only problem I had was finding drivers for two devices which reported as PCI serial port and PCI simple communications controller. The Intel Management Engine Driver for Win 7 64 resolved this.

Good Luck.

Monday, March 7, 2011 6:14 AM