none
WGA and Genuine Advantage Offers,,,yeah ok RRS feed

• Question

• New pc - Windows fully genuine and all updates installed, so i try for Windows Genuine Advantage Offers webpage being the following //www.microsoft.com/globaldev/outreach/wga/default.mspx

and end up trying to install microsoft Match-up a free game!? now i cant remove it from add/remove programs list, any clues microsoft ? its your msi.installer thats corrupt me thinks, as its looking for the file on my desktop, which has been manually deleted...ok my mistake but there must be a way to clear my A/R programs list??

Thursday, September 7, 2006 11:22 PM

Answers

• Match:

Is there an "Uninstall" function for the program in the start-menu (assuming you have it listed in "Programs")?

-phil

Friday, September 8, 2006 12:26 AM

All replies

• Match:

Is there an "Uninstall" function for the program in the start-menu (assuming you have it listed in "Programs")?

-phil

Friday, September 8, 2006 12:26 AM
  • hi thanks for the reply, but nope i deleted the program by accident instead of uninstalling throu add/remove, now its stuck there asking for the source file (msi) which no longer exists..i can rename the file via change but still cant clear it, minor problem i know but it bugs me..any clues?
    Friday, September 15, 2006 8:51 AM
  •  MatchWhat wrote:
    hi thanks for the reply, but nope i deleted the program by accident instead of uninstalling throu add/remove, now its stuck there asking for the source file (msi) which no longer exists..i can rename the file via change but still cant clear it, minor problem i know but it bugs me..any clues?

Reinstall the program, then uninstall it.

Friday, September 15, 2006 9:52 PM
  • file wont reinstall either , despite revisiting the webpage i cannot get it reinstalled, msg saying microsoft cannot determine genuine OS, win xp home....what next :) thanks for the replies so far btw hope i can get it removed or installed properly..!
    Monday, September 18, 2006 3:40 PM
  • could somebody tell me how to uninstall the windows genuine license?

(sorry with my poor eng)

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:15 AM