Sample code using Change Tracking? RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking at the documentation called Synchronization Services for ADO.NET 1.0 SP1 from a download dated August 8, 2008. There is a topic "How to: Use SQL Server Change Tracking" which is linked from the topic "What's New in This Release". Toward the end of the "How to.." topic, there are a few references to "The following code.." and "The following command.." where there is in fact no code or command shown. At the end of the "How to.." topic there is a heading "Complete code example" but no code.

In addition, the documentation has a topic "Getting Started: A Synchronization Services Application" that has a heading at the end for "Complete Example Using SQL Server Change Tracking" but it is also empty.

Are these samples to be found elsewhere?

I am trying to set up a pilot project using Synchronization Services between a SQL Server 2008 database with change tracking enabled and a remote client SQL Server 2008 Express database. I am mainly interested in downloading a number of tables to the Express database. I also want to do bidirectional synch on a few tables. I have looked at the Code Gallery sample for the Express Client, but it does not look like it uses Change Tracking on the Server or Client.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:10 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:31 PM

Answers

All replies