Unattended install with unattended configuration RRS feed

• Question

•  

This might be an easy answer so sorry if I have missed it in the forums..  We are trying to install this to our users with an unattended install as well as an unattended config/setup.  I have seen the various options for that but I havent seen anything on trying to configure it during this install.  Is it possible to:

1) automatica setup for the syncing of "My documents" to the users personal server drive "T:\xxxxxx\%username%"

2) possibly schedule it during the install as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:59 PM

Answers

• there are command line support in synctoy.in CMD locate to "C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0" and runs "Synctoy -?", it will tell you how to setup the folder by command line. this will help you to do item 1.

And synctoy's schedule function is assistanted by windows schedule function. You can find how to automatically schedule in windows, then you can schedule synctoy by that.

Thanks,

Baoke

Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:59 AM

All replies

• there are command line support in synctoy.in CMD locate to "C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0" and runs "Synctoy -?", it will tell you how to setup the folder by command line. this will help you to do item 1.

And synctoy's schedule function is assistanted by windows schedule function. You can find how to automatically schedule in windows, then you can schedule synctoy by that.

Thanks,

Baoke

Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:59 AM
  •  

Perfect thanks!
    Friday, November 21, 2008 3:46 PM