none
SQL Server Change Tracking has cleaned up tracking information. To recover from this error, the client must reinitialize its local database RRS feed

All replies

• can you post the service side code throwing the exception and the client side catching it?

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 6:24 AM
  • Server Side Code:

try

{

var tmp = this._serverSyncProvider.GetChanges(groupMetadata, syncSession);

return tmp;

}

catch (SyncException se)

{

if (se.ErrorNumber == SyncErrorNumber.StoreException)

{

SqlException sqlExcept = se.InnerException as SqlException;

if (sqlExcept != null && sqlExcept.Class == 16 && sqlExcept.State == 3)

{

throw new ApplicationException("ChangeTrackingCleanedUp", se);

}

}

throw se;

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

throw ex;

}

Client Side Code:

catch (TargetInvocationException ex)

{

// It doesn't go inside this if condition ... 

if (ex.InnerException != null && ex.InnerException.Message == "ChangeTrackingCleanedUp")

{

OrderDetailsCacheClientSyncProvider syncProvider = (OrderDetailsCacheClientSyncProvider)syncAgent.LocalProvider;

foreach (SyncTable st in syncAgent.Configuration.SyncTables)

{

if (st.SyncDirection != Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncDirection.Snapshot)

{

syncProvider.SetTableReceivedAnchor(st.TableName, new SyncAnchor());

}

}

syncStats = syncAgent.Synchronize();

}

else

{

throw ex;

}

}

Divya
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:36 PM
  • can you try catching a more generic exception on the client and see what the stack shows? try   catch (Exception ex) and inspect it.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:40 AM
  • I am able to catch "TargetInvocation Exception". The innerMessage is CFFAult. This is the same thing that is thrown if I dont have any server side code to catch the exception and throw it.

Divya
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:21 PM
  • either of these two works for me on the client:

catch (FaultException ex)
                {

Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);
                    Console.ReadKey();
                }
    catch (Exception ex)
                {

Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);
                    Console.ReadKey();
                }

and the message is not in the InnerException, just the top level exception.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:03 AM
  • On my client side I want to catch the specific exception in this case so that I can set the Anchor and run the sync funtion again. I will do these steps only if I am sure that the exception I got is "Change Tracking Cleanup". 

Since my client is mobile application, the System.ServiceModel namespace doesnt include "FaultException" class. If i just use Exception, How should I check if the exception I got is "Change Tracking Cleanup" exception.

Divya
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:22 PM
  • are you using a third party library in your app? have you tried going deep into your exception stack to see if there are other nested exceptions?
    Friday, July 22, 2011 1:08 AM