CRM Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Please assist,

We have Dynamics CRM 4.0 On-Premise, We will be deploying one of the 2 – CWR or TenDigits Mobile ...  Is CRM Mobile Express 4.0 still required as a pre requisite, thank you?

AAVI

Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:38 PM

Answers

• Hi AAVI,

For CWR you don't need it, can't confirm for TenDigits. however the question can be answered in a different way, after RU 5 I believe Mobile express was included by default, so depending on which rollup you are Mobile express is already installed anyway.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by AAVI Tuesday, July 3, 2012 1:59 PM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 1:23 PM
    Answerer
  • CWR Mobility does not require IFD if you don't want to expose CRM directly to the net. There are no add-on requirements like Mobile Express needed as well. Typically the CWR Mobile Server is installed on the CRM hardware and a port opened from there for the mobile devices to connect through.
    • Marked as answer by AAVI Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:54 PM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 4:01 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure mobile express is a pre-requisite for these two add-on products, but you will need to be set up with an Internet Facing Deployment (IFD).

I would have thought that CWR and Ten Digits would make the requirements clear on their websites.

Hope this helps. Adam Vero, MCT

Friday, June 29, 2012 9:17 AM
  • Hi AAVI,

For CWR you don't need it, can't confirm for TenDigits. however the question can be answered in a different way, after RU 5 I believe Mobile express was included by default, so depending on which rollup you are Mobile express is already installed anyway.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by AAVI Tuesday, July 3, 2012 1:59 PM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 1:23 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the answer .... So, we do need to uninstall it before we go with CWR/Ten-Digit

AAVI

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:03 PM
  • CWR Mobility does not require IFD if you don't want to expose CRM directly to the net. There are no add-on requirements like Mobile Express needed as well. Typically the CWR Mobile Server is installed on the CRM hardware and a port opened from there for the mobile devices to connect through.
    • Marked as answer by AAVI Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:54 PM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 4:01 PM