Analytics Accelerator: At a Glance RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone used the analytics accelerator yet? At the contact and account form there is an extra tab "at a glance" with an Iframe in it that display some report things.

I have this accelerator in the standard latest vpc but would like to bring the "at a glance" item to a different organization too.

Does anyone have any idea of how to do this? Because I'm not really familiar with the Iframe url stuff etc...

I copied it all but it says it cannot display the data.

Thx in advance 4 the answer.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 12:52 PM

Answers

• What is displayed in the at a glance iframe is a SSRS report.  In the URL they are passing the guid of the account.

Take a look at the form customizations and you will see in the onload event the javascript to set the URL to the ID of the account.

To move it you would need to make suer that you bring the report over to that environment, include the javascript, and make sure that your environment has all of the entities and attributes referenced by the report.

Here's an overview of how to embed a report in an iframe:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/10/04/writing-reports-to-display-in-iframes-and-from-isv-config.aspx
    • Marked as answer by brosimba Monday, July 27, 2009 3:21 PM
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 2:42 AM
  • This report is published directly to the report server, not via crm reports. 
    log on to the reports manager web site (usually http://nameofssrsserver/reports)
    go to the folder containing the report
    click the show details button
    next to the report click the properties button
    on the properties form there will be a link called "edit" that you will see if you have report creator rights
    click the edit link--this will download the .rdl file.
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, July 27, 2009 3:21 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:58 AM

All replies

• What is displayed in the at a glance iframe is a SSRS report.  In the URL they are passing the guid of the account.

Take a look at the form customizations and you will see in the onload event the javascript to set the URL to the ID of the account.

To move it you would need to make suer that you bring the report over to that environment, include the javascript, and make sure that your environment has all of the entities and attributes referenced by the report.

Here's an overview of how to embed a report in an iframe:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/10/04/writing-reports-to-display-in-iframes-and-from-isv-config.aspx
    • Marked as answer by brosimba Monday, July 27, 2009 3:21 PM
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 2:42 AM
  • Thank you for that link. It's very usefull!

Is that SSRS report (the one that is displayed in at a glance on contact/account) saved as an .rdl report?

Because I don't seem to be able to find those reports... I looked and I can find all the other reports but not this one.

I am amble to find it from the reportserver though, but I want to be able to find the .rdl file so I can open it in visual studio.

thx.
    Monday, June 8, 2009 7:50 AM
  • Anyone knows the answer to this?

I'm trying to find the report (the .rdl file) somewhere, so far I only found it through the reportserver so that means I can only view the result and not the layout/customization of the report. Thx.
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 7:48 AM
  • Did you resolve this?  If not, when you go to the report server there should be an edit option associated with the report.  You may have to select the Show Details button in the upper right from the report server to see the details of the reports listed in your report server.  When you select edit, you should be able to save the report rdl and open it in VS. 
    Best Regards, Donna
    Saturday, July 4, 2009 6:43 PM
  • This report is published directly to the report server, not via crm reports. 
    log on to the reports manager web site (usually http://nameofssrsserver/reports)
    go to the folder containing the report
    click the show details button
    next to the report click the properties button
    on the properties form there will be a link called "edit" that you will see if you have report creator rights
    click the edit link--this will download the .rdl file.
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, July 27, 2009 3:21 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:58 AM
  • I have found the "at a glance" dashboard .rdl files... they were on the other hard disc of the demo VPC. So that problem is solved.

I have also tried out the link as you proposed (http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/10/04/writing-reports-to-display-in-iframes-and-from-isv-config.aspx).

It all worked fine.

But now comes the next question of course :) How can I make the report in the Iframe Dynamic?

I almost litterly followed the example as presented on the link... I did a very simple one with the account name, account number, etc. But what it is doing now is just showing all the available data. What if I only want to see it from the particular account that I have opened?

For example on account I created a new tab Reports with an Iframe and the report in that. The report represents a quick summary of the particular account.

Any tips on that?
    Monday, July 27, 2009 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

It might be helpful to others to mark this post as answered and then create a new post for the IFrame question.  You may have to check the query to ensure it is configure to view one record and edit the report properties from the CRM server to ensure the view is set to Related Record types only and have nothing in Categories.  If you start a new post, I am sure you will obtain more details if needed.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, July 27, 2009 3:04 PM