i can´t import MicrosoftXrmCustomerPortal.zip RRS feed

• Question

• I´m trying deploy Customer Portal for Dynamics CRM 2011 online  v 5.0.9688.583.

I am following the document Customer Portal Deployment Guide_Azure_V2.0 on the Deployment Steps indicates that import MicrosoftXrmCustomerPortal.zip. I go to Settings -> Solutions -> Import and select MicrosoftXrmCustomerPortal but i get an error.

In Contact_main | Contact_main_library.js

Detail: Error when importing a web resource. Try importing again this solution. For additional assistance, please contact the technical support of Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Imports not end.

What happens? What I can do?
    Thank you very much

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:26 AM

Answers

• We got around it.  To solve the problem we extracted the solution and then edited the .xml files to change the name of the contact_main_library references to 'contact_main_library1'.  Then in the webresources folder for the solution we also renamed the file "Contact_main_libraryjs4741A7A1-DDAE-DF11-840B-00155D050400" to "Contact_main_library1js4741A7A1-DDAE-DF11-840B-00155D050400".... adding the '1' after library.

We zipped up the solution again and the import worked.

• Proposed as answer by Palak Kadakia Monday, May 23, 2011 7:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:21 PM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:15 PM

All replies

• Ok, I found the error, this is it:

Cannot import component WebResource: f5d05161-0dd8-df11-a0ff-00155d29b804. The publisher of the solution that is being imported does not match the publisher of the solution that installed this component.

Any solution?

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Do you have any other solutions installed on your system? This is a known problem that occurs when you have two solutions with a js that has the same name (in this case Contact_main_library.js). If you already have one of these installed, can you try changing the name for this js and reimporting the portal solution?

Thanks
    - Palak

Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:07 PM
  • In first time, thank you very much for reply.

Exactly i have another solution installed, but the problem is that the solution installed microsoft also it. Is the ConectorForMicrosoftDynamicsNav.

Rename the js anyway?

Thanks

Friday, April 29, 2011 7:38 AM
  • I am having this same compatibility issue with the ConnectorforDynamics.

Any detailed support would be greatly appreciated.

Will there be conflicts with other .js other than Contact?

Friday, April 29, 2011 3:36 PM
  • Do you have any other solutions installed on your system? This is a known problem that occurs when you have two solutions with a js that has the same name (in this case Contact_main_library.js). If you already have one of these installed, can you try changing the name for this js and reimporting the portal solution?

Thanks
    - Palak

Hi Palak,

How would you do this exactly? The Connector for Dynamics is a managed solution, and can't update the name for the js. Sorry for the basic question.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:29 PM

Thanks
    - Palak

Hi Palak,

How would you do this exactly? The Connector for Dynamics is a managed solution, and can't update the name for the js. Sorry for the basic question.

Thanks.

Actually, would it be too much to ask CRM Labs to update the solutions so that they don't conflict with each other, if that is the case?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Hi.  Where did you find the detailed error?  I only see the generic message you mentioned above.  

"Error when importing a web resource. Try importing again this solution. For additional assistance, please contact the technical support ofMicrosoft Dynamics CRM"

Monday, May 16, 2011 7:16 PM
  • I am getting this error also, and I don't have any other solutions in the system.  I see the contact_main_library.js in the web resources, but it can't be deleted because there is a dependency to the contact form.  I need to get this resolved soon, so hopefully someone who has ran into this can shed some light on this issue.
    Monday, May 16, 2011 7:38 PM
  • Hi guys,

This is a problem with the solutions. Note, there is an updated version of the Nav connector available that fixes this problem. The portals will be updated eventually as well.

Does the rest of the solution import, barring the one error?

The best way to resolve it is to import the solution and then manually edit the contact us js to include the portal code.

Thanks

- Palak

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:51 PM
  • The solution fails to import completely.  Any other ideas?
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:23 PM
  • We got around it.  To solve the problem we extracted the solution and then edited the .xml files to change the name of the contact_main_library references to 'contact_main_library1'.  Then in the webresources folder for the solution we also renamed the file "Contact_main_libraryjs4741A7A1-DDAE-DF11-840B-00155D050400" to "Contact_main_library1js4741A7A1-DDAE-DF11-840B-00155D050400".... adding the '1' after library.

We zipped up the solution again and the import worked.

• Proposed as answer by Palak Kadakia Monday, May 23, 2011 7:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:21 PM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:15 PM