Once per year meet-up RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello from Mauritius.

Can there be some type of annual gathering amongst developpers,designers,network administrators and web page designers? A bit like meeting up in a place,brainstorming about ideas,networking and getting things done....Bigger than start-up week-end but free of charge..BYO stuffs...I'd be glad to have your views..  

Cheers

Friday, April 19, 2013 9:52 PM

All replies

• On the one side, there are the big, world-class events, such as BUILD or TechEd. These attract lost of developers (and administrators, and designers...) from many countries and take place once a year. But they are expensive events, not only from the price of attending the event itself, but also from the need of trevelling to wherever they are being held.

And then there are the local events. These are either inexpensive or free of charge, typically are one or two days long, and are held at various cities in many countries. Some of these events are organized by local user groups; I suggest searching the Internet for user groups near the place you live.

And there are also local events organized by Microsoft; these are published in a localized page that is relevant to the county where those events are taking place. For instance, this is the page for Spain:

https://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/default.aspx?culture=es-ES

Obviously, you will need to perform a small search to find out the corresponding page for your country. I have attended several events of this kind. You get to meet many developers who are interested in the same field.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 4:38 PM
  • I like Alberto's idea.  I live in the Northeast United States. The regional Microsoft office hosts a wide variety of user groups. Many hold monthly events. We even have a weekend code camp a couple of times a year. It is worthwhile to find out what user groups are located near you and where your closest Microsoft regional office is. I have learned a lot at local events and have even gotten business as a result of attending these events.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:45 PM