OCS Front End Service will not start after install. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Have have installed OCS standard and the  OCS front-end service will not start.

Event viewer error id (7024)

The Office Communications server front-end service terminated with service-specific error 3287447135 (0x3f2765f)

Here is the service popup error:

Windows could not start the office communications server front-end on local computer,for more information review the system event log.  If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to server-specific error code -1007520161

Front-end Vaildate log error.

Failure [0xc3ec78f4] One or more argument specified for the tast is invalid.

The RTCservice service account  is part of the Domain Admins, RTCComponentUniversalServices, RTCHSUniversalServices and RTCUniversalServerAdmins

The RTCService starts up the IM and Telephony services with the same password that is used for the Front-end ( hence not a password issue)

All other services are starting (Audio/video,IM, Telephony Conf and Web conferencing)

Any ideas...

Jim

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:20 PM

Answers

•  jvanduse wrote:

It's a Enterprise CA

Under 'Trusted Root certication Authorities"  I see two identical certs from the CA

neither of them have the 'friendly' name that I gave them..I removed one cert.

Under "Intermediate cert Auth" I see two different certs.  I also removed the oldest..

Still can't start front-end..

Jim

I installed OCS into the Home domain over the weekend the same way I did it at work and the service started..
    I then noticed that two fo the 'installed components' were not listed on the validation.. I will format the server again at work and install OCS again..

Thanks for the emails support....

Jim
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:25 AM

All replies

• You should find more detailed information in the Application Log

Are you sure that you configured the certificate correctly?

Must be the FQDN name of your server in the Domain

Friday, November 14, 2008 9:20 PM
  • I was looking through the appliction log and it is all 'blue'. (clean)

No red alerts or yellow informantional objects..  Lots of blue..

I went through the install log and it said that it had completed successfully.

I created a CA internally and setup the cert with the following information

Informational:

OCS server=xts4700102.uclab.com

sip domain=uclab.com  

domain=uclab.com

Automatic Logon domain = uclab.com

No external access

CERT Info

Friendly name=Internal OCS

Subject name=xts4700102.uclab.com

Subject alternate name=xts4700102.uclab.com

The Country/Region, State/province on the cert are not correct but I don't think that it would make a difference with an internal CA.. ??

Jim

Friday, November 14, 2008 9:55 PM
  • No Country and other stuff is not so important for Cert

Name looks alright, SAN not required but should not harm your installation

Do you have an Enterprise CA?

Does your server trust the CA?

You should open the cert via certificates (local computer) and verify that it is valid for the server

Friday, November 14, 2008 10:05 PM
  • It's a Enterprise CA

Under 'Trusted Root certication Authorities"  I see two identical certs from the CA

Under "Intermediate cert Auth" I see two different certs.  I also removed the oldest..

Jim

Friday, November 14, 2008 10:17 PM
  •  jvanduse wrote:

It's a Enterprise CA

Jim

I installed OCS into the Home domain over the weekend the same way I did it at work and the service started..
    I then noticed that two fo the 'installed components' were not listed on the validation.. I will format the server again at work and install OCS again..

Thanks for the emails support....

Jim
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:25 AM