Money Password Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Converting xp pc to windows 7 pc.  Used Money 5 in XP, loaded down Money Sunset on Windows 7.  Worked first time in.  Told me to change my password.  I did in live.com.  Now can't get access to Money Sunset or my old Money 5 on either pc. 

Saw forum response to go file and change password and association with live.com.  Can't get into Money to do that.  Tried offline, etc..

Thanks for any help.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 3:37 PM

All replies

• I presume by "Money 5" you are actually referring to Money 2005. Do not use your Money 2005 install disk to do installations. Instead, you want to download the installation file appropriate to your country and use that to install. See the Sticky post near the top that has "installation files" in the title. 
    Tuesday, July 9, 2013 11:32 PM
  • Yes, Money 2005 is installed on my old XP PC.  On the new Windows 7 PC Idownloaded Money Sunset.  I had previously used windows easy transfer so my money backups were loaded on new system.  All this worked the first time.  My problem is a command came up that said to change my password.  I did and that's the last time I had access to the new system and the old.  I wrote down each password change that I made while trying to gain access.  Spent around 6 hours doing the same thing over and over.  Insanity?
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:25 AM
  • I presume you are in North America and that "the first time" was several years ago.

You will not get in without the password that was in effect the last time that you successfully saved your Money file. Ignore any attempts to change your credentials (email and password) since then. The password portion is case-sensitive.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:39 AM