Re installation of new Office Home and Student RRS feed

• Question

• Just checking please: my version of Office Home and Student 2010 is FPP (3 installs allowed).

I had to reinstall it a few days after its first installation on the same new computer after a system reset to as new!

Has this reinstall counted as a second installation?? It's working OK - More than I can say for the Ms  Wireless Desktop  and Mouse - which takes half an hour to enter this mesaage  aarrgh! (Using 64 bit 7)

Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:02 AM

Answers

• Hello 'imandme,

Generally speaking, a reinstallation of the same product on the same exact hardware generates the same activation signature to the activation servers, so the activation count is not decremented.

There is a certain degree of flexibility built into the activation system as well, so you should not worry about wasting an installation :-)

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:43 PM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:40 AM
  • Please Note:  "3 Installs Allowed" means 3 concurrent installs. In other words, as long as you have copies of that Office installed on 3 or less computers at any one time, you are withing the Licensing Terms.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:47 PM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:47 PM

All replies

• Hello 'imandme,

Generally speaking, a reinstallation of the same product on the same exact hardware generates the same activation signature to the activation servers, so the activation count is not decremented.

There is a certain degree of flexibility built into the activation system as well, so you should not worry about wasting an installation :-)

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:43 PM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:40 AM
  • Please Note:  "3 Installs Allowed" means 3 concurrent installs. In other words, as long as you have copies of that Office installed on 3 or less computers at any one time, you are withing the Licensing Terms.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:47 PM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:47 PM