problem with Live One Care using private network location to backup RRS feed

• Question

• I have one cumputer running Home Server which Home Server is backing up two of my 32 bit Vista computers which all have Live One Care running on them to; but Home Server can't backup my 64 bit Ultimate Vista machine because there is no 64 bit connector.  So I try to share one of drives on Home Server (which has 4 drives) for an backup location for the newest Live One Care. But the newest version Live One Care which is on the 64  bit Ultimate Vista machine; will not allow me the used that shared drive on the Home Server as an backup Location. Please tell me how to do this task.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:20 PM

Answers

• If you can access the Share on the WHS box from the Vista machine, you should be able to set this up as a backup location. You may need to provide credentials for the backup to work. There are some other reports about backup to a Share not working unless the User is logged into the machine.

I assume you are using the 2.0 beta, since you are running OneCare on Vista x64, so I'll move this over to the beta folder for backup.

You said you "try to share one of the drives on Home Server." You should not be sharing a drive, you should simply create a new Share folder on the WHS box via the console and make sure that the User that is logged in on the Vista x64 box has full access rights to WHS.

You may also want to consider disabling OneCare backup and using the backup within Vista Ultimate to do a full PC backup to the WHS Share location, assuming that there is enough space on WHS for that.

I'm hopeful that the WHS team gets a connector out for x64 soon, by the way.

-steve

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:00 PM