none
Problem with the Mediaplan_2 synchronization? RRS feed

• Question

• When I use SyncCMD I get the following error.

Folder pair name is Mediaplan_2

SyncToyCmd has detected that the folder pair Mediaplan_2 has not been synchronized yet.

Please run SyncToy.exe to complete the initial synchronization.

I have run both Preview and Run with SyncToy program.

Mediaplan_2 includes these two folders

D:\Meida -> Left folder

\\Mediasever\Media -> Right folder

Can someone help me?

Sunday, November 2, 2008 3:40 PM

Answers

•  kenne76 wrote:

It didn`t work! Have someone any other suggestions about this problem?

It seems to be an bug for this program.

I have been going around & around with this problem and have not found an answer from anyone.

I have found a way to make "synctoycmd.exe -R" work though.    1. Delete all current pairs.  2. Create new pairs.  3. Run each pair separately.  4. Run synctoycmd.exe -R.  5. DO NOT DO "RUN ALL" !!!   Apparently selecting "All Folder Pairs" and then "Run All" leaves the synctoyxxxxxx.dat files in a state where synctoycmd does not recognize a sync has indeed already been run.  Running the pair separately after a "run all" does not fix the problem.

I see many post on the internet where people are having this same problem and yet no answers for a fix or work around.

"SyncToyCmd has detected that the folder pair Personal pair has not been synchronized yet. Please run SyncToy.exe to complete the initial synchronization." IS THE PROBLEM MESSAGE.

UPDATE 2   I THINK I SEE THE PROBLEM...... Do what I said above to fix the problem and then NEVER RUN IT FROM THE OTHER COMPUTER!!!!!   ONLY RUN SYNCTOY ON ONE COMPUTER!!!!  If you do then do the above to fix.

A warning would have been nice from the developers but it appears they are to lazy to fix it or provide a warning.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

this is probably caused by the SyncToy_*.dat file under the left folder or right folder was deleted.

you can open Sync toy and preview or run the folder pair. it will show you :

"SyncToy has detected that you haven't synchronized folder pair * with the following endpoint....."

click OK and do the sync again, then synctoycmd will work fine.

Thanks,

Baoke

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:38 AM
  • It didn`t work! Have someone any other suggestions about this problem?

Friday, November 7, 2008 8:44 PM
  • Hi,

what is it that does not work? sync through UI does not work ?

Thanks,

Baoke

Friday, November 14, 2008 6:27 AM
  •  kenne76 wrote:

It didn`t work! Have someone any other suggestions about this problem?

I have been going around & around with this problem and have not found an answer from anyone.

I have found a way to make "synctoycmd.exe -R" work though.    1. Delete all current pairs.  2. Create new pairs.  3. Run each pair separately.  4. Run synctoycmd.exe -R.  5. DO NOT DO "RUN ALL" !!!   Apparently selecting "All Folder Pairs" and then "Run All" leaves the synctoyxxxxxx.dat files in a state where synctoycmd does not recognize a sync has indeed already been run.  Running the pair separately after a "run all" does not fix the problem.

I see many post on the internet where people are having this same problem and yet no answers for a fix or work around.

"SyncToyCmd has detected that the folder pair Personal pair has not been synchronized yet. Please run SyncToy.exe to complete the initial synchronization." IS THE PROBLEM MESSAGE.

UPDATE 2   I THINK I SEE THE PROBLEM...... Do what I said above to fix the problem and then NEVER RUN IT FROM THE OTHER COMPUTER!!!!!   ONLY RUN SYNCTOY ON ONE COMPUTER!!!!  If you do then do the above to fix.

A warning would have been nice from the developers but it appears they are to lazy to fix it or provide a warning.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:00 PM
  • MikeMullins,

You, sir, are the smartest man IN THE WORLD!!!!
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 5:42 PM
  • Worked for me. Thanks!
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 4:26 PM
  • MikeMullins,

I've been struggling with this bug for some time and this procedure seems to have fixed it. Only wish I'd come across this post sooner. Many thanks,

Peter

Monday, July 20, 2009 8:59 AM