Opportunity, Quote and Order Products (Copying Attributes) CRM4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've just finished customising Opportunity product to include new attributes, form layout event scripts etc. What I need to do next is setup Quote Product to look the same as Opportunity product. Question: Is there a quick way to do this? Can I for example export Opportunity Product and Quote Product then modify the XML? Will this work and are there any pitfuls of doing it this way. I want to do this not just becuase it's quicker but also to ensure fields are setup the same.

I've readup how to set up mapping for custom attributes between Opportunity Product and Quote Product so I know how to do this and that is not my question. My question is simply if there is a quick way to copying the attrbitue settings, form layout, views and scripts from one entity to the other?

Regards

Chris

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:49 AM

Answers

• you can try doing xml change and it might work but it will not be support change...

my suggestion you to is manually change the relevant entity..and since you need to this onle once..and then you can export this entity to your other envrionment..

MayankP My Blog My twitter
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:12 AM
    Answerer