none
Rating your blogs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I am wondering if a good rating on the blog brings the person points? And also if a person rated his own blog, will he get points for that rating?

Thanks in advance.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, December 10, 2012 2:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Naomi, there are a few blogging activities that earn points.  They are page views and ratings.  The page view scale is not published, but the first milestone (according to my informal research) appears to be around the 3,250 views mark to earn 5 points.  The scale goes up to the "> 1 million views" to earn 500 points, with various milestones in between.  The ratings scale is published in the FAQ here, but is one of the few activities that can make you lose points for bad ratings: 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx

As for getting points for rating your own blog entry, yes, this is possible.

Your article receives a 5 star rating. +10
      Your article receives a 4 star rating. +5
      Your article receives a 3 star rating. +2
      Your article receives a 2 star rating. -2
      Your article receives a 1 star rating.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, December 10, 2012 2:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Naomi, there are a few blogging activities that earn points.  They are page views and ratings.  The page view scale is not published, but the first milestone (according to my informal research) appears to be around the 3,250 views mark to earn 5 points.  The scale goes up to the "> 1 million views" to earn 500 points, with various milestones in between.  The ratings scale is published in the FAQ here, but is one of the few activities that can make you lose points for bad ratings: 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx

As for getting points for rating your own blog entry, yes, this is possible.

Your article receives a 5 star rating. +10
      Your article receives a 4 star rating. +5
      Your article receives a 3 star rating. +2
      Your article receives a 2 star rating. -2
      Your article receives a 1 star rating.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, December 10, 2012 2:53 AM
  • In other words, when a person rates his own blog, he automatically adds 10 points. I think it's a bit unfair and own ratings should not count toward total points. 

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, December 10, 2012 3:33 AM