CRM 2015 - Report Creation - Errors with RdlHelper for scheduled reports RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have some problems with my CRM 2015 (latest update) with report execution.

The configuration is the following

- CRM : installed on Windows 2012 R2

- SQL + Reporting services , Version 2014, installed on another 2012 R2.

On both server, when i check the version: Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper, Version=7

When creating a report with the wizard (from scratch, not creating a copy of another report), and then immediatly download the report, i can see in its properties "Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper, Version=5.0.0.0"

So when the report is scheduled on the Reporting Services, i have an error in RS logs:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

If i edit the report and change Version=5 to Version=7, then the report runs.

My question is : where the hell could be the parameter which defines "Version=5" in a new report? How could i update this, to be able to Schedule reports?

Thanks a lot for you help !

Friday, August 14, 2015 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I believe this is how OOB Report Builder works. My suggestion is to get in touch with Microsoft Support and open a ticket. I don't think that this issue could be solved using simple configuration of something.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Friday, August 14, 2015 1:02 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your answer, Andrii,

This would meean that on a fresh install of CRM2015 , it would not be possible to create and Schedule reports? Any feedback on this configuration?

Friday, August 14, 2015 1:09 PM
  • I believe that to fix it you will have go through all the reports fixing referenced assembly issue. Or alternatively as I mentioned get in touch with MS and open support ticket.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Friday, August 14, 2015 1:15 PM
  • Hi,

I'm having the same exact problem with exactly the same setup as you (CRM 2015 on SQL 2014)

You are correct in saying that when the report gets created it default to Version=5.0.0.0. However, I thought that the Report Server would be able to handle this, and this is proven in the SSRS web.config file:

"<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="5.0.0.0" newVersion="7.0.0.0" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="6.0.0.0" newVersion="7.0.0.0" />

</dependentAssembly>"

So I am led to believe that this is a problem with SSRS, even though it does also seem like a bug that the reports are being created under Version=5.0.0.0. I see there are a few CU's for SQL 2014 that I have not applied yet.

Have you had any luck resolving this issue?

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:39 PM