how to place a combobox in dxgrid using wpf. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using third party control called devexpress grid.In that we are placing a combobox in each row .But our problem is ,combobox is not visible at runtime.when ,i click a combo box,at that time only the layout is appearing on the screen.please help me.how to make combobox visible always at run-time initially.
    Chaya Manjunath
    • Moved by Min Zhu Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:50 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Monday, January 23, 2012 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Chaya,

It is the default behavior of DataGrid. When you double click on the combobox cell then only it will display the Combox control. If you want to display the Combox control in the initial loading you have to use ListViewControl. Then oly requested behavior is possible.

Please check the example under the following location.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/56322/ListView-ComboBox-and-ObservableCollection-T

Thanks and Regards, Sakthi
    Monday, January 23, 2012 9:14 AM
  • Hi Chaya,

In DATAGRID of WPF we are having DataTemplateColumn using that column we can directly display the ComboBox inside the Cell of DataGrid.

Please find the CodeSnippet as follows :

<DataGridTemplateColumn>
                            <DataGridTemplateColumn.CellTemplate>
                                <DataTemplate>
                                    <ComboBox></ComboBox>
                                </DataTemplate>
                            </DataGridTemplateColumn.CellTemplate>
                        </DataGridTemplateColumn>

Thanks and Regards, Sakthi
    Monday, January 23, 2012 10:05 AM
  • Thanks for ur reply.but i am asking dxgrid(devexpress grid control).Please help me,If u have any ideas.

Chaya Manjunath
    Monday, January 23, 2012 1:11 PM
  • Hi Sakthi,

Thank you for your post.

According to your description, I think your issue is a thrid parth control issue, you can consult devexpress to find the root cause of your issue. Please check out below link of devexpress  forum :http://www.devexpress.com/Support/Forums.xml

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a nice day.

Annabella Luo[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:56 AM