Windows live onecare has encountered a problem and has to close. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Everytime I try to open onecare I get this message, and only on my main computer, my second computer is working fine. Onecare will run and tuneup will run but , I can't change any settings. I uninstalled and installed onecare but did not help. This is the first problem I have had since I started running onecare.

I did notice that my processor is running at about 80-90 percent when this problem occurs. I don't know what to do.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• See if this helps - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2523777&SiteID=2

If not, please contact support - 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:56 AM
  • ALL RIGTH  THIS PROBABLY A LITTLE  TO LATE FOR YOU RRON BUT FOR ALL THE PEOPLE HAVING THIS KIND OF PROBLEM THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO RESOLVE  THE ISSUE WHIT THE WINDOWS ONE CARE HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM THING

1) REMOVE ONE CARE  FROM YOUR SYSTEM COMPLETELY

2) GO TO MICROSOFT.COM AND DOWNLOAD THE "WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP TOOL" AND RUN IT ON YOUR SYSTEM.  THIS WILL REMOVE A FEW PROGRAMS OUT OF CONTROL PANEL THA YOU USE AND WILL NEED EN THE FUTURE BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS REINSTALL THEM LATER

3)MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ,NETFRAME WORK 2.0 SERVICE PACK 2 THIS SHOULD BE PRESENT IN CONTROL PANEL IF IS NOT  DOWNLOAD IT FROM MICROSOFT.COM TO (some times even if neframe is present in control panel the files can be corrupted in wich case you will have to remove netframe and then reinstall it) NOW ONCE YUO HAVE PERFORMED ALL THIS STEPS YOU CAN REINSTALL WINDOWS LIVE ONE CARE BACK IN YOUR SYSTEM AN IT SHOULD WORK JUST FINE

HOPE THIS WOR FOR YOU  PLEASE EXCUSE MY BAD SPELLING A ENGLISH

Friday, August 14, 2009 4:21 PM