none
A problem in user-mode of sora 1.6 version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I ran the codes of UMXDot11 of sora 1.6 version. Though the two sides can do successful communication,I can't detect the signal in Spectrum Analyzer,why? How should I use Spectrum Analyzer in user-mode?
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 3:19 AM

Answers

• I think you should keep the sender transmitting packets and guarantee the tranffic load is high enough. Otherwise, the wireless signal may be not dense enough (in time domain) that your spectrum analysizer may miss the signal.

-Jiansong

• Marked as answer by zjutk Friday, May 11, 2012 1:05 AM
    Saturday, May 5, 2012 3:40 AM

All replies

• Hi zjutk,

Your question is not clear enough to me. Could you specify what your "Spectrum Analyzer" is, a real spectrum analyzer device (different from Sora device) or a Sora program?

-Jiansong

Monday, April 30, 2012 3:01 AM
  • If the problem is that you cannot run two UMX programs simultaneously (you can further check by using other Sora programs), it's the problem of your firmware version. If you need to upgrade your firmware, please contact us by email (soraord@microsoft.com).

-Jiansong

Monday, April 30, 2012 3:41 AM
  • Thanks! The Spectrum Analyzer is a real spectrum analyzer  which is named  ROHDE&SCHWARZ. It is different from Sora device,and it uses it's own antenna to detect signal .We have two computers  that run the codes of UMXDot11 of sora 1.6 version,and one sends signal,

the  other  recevie the signal .From the recevieing computer, I can see the successful receving result. However, when I use the spectrum analyzer ROHDE&SCHWARZ to detect the signal near the recevieing computer , I can't detect the signal. Is it the reason that  the signal is a bursted signal? If so, how should I use the  spectrum analyzer to detect the signal ?

• Edited by zjutk Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:38 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:15 AM
  • I think you should keep the sender transmitting packets and guarantee the tranffic load is high enough. Otherwise, the wireless signal may be not dense enough (in time domain) that your spectrum analysizer may miss the signal.

-Jiansong

• Marked as answer by zjutk Friday, May 11, 2012 1:05 AM
    Saturday, May 5, 2012 3:40 AM
  • As Jiansong suggested, your sweep time might be too slow to detect a transmission. Try increasing it (generally by reducing span/increasing RBW). Turning on max hold may help. Also check that the spectrum analyser's front-end LNA is enabled if you are trying to detect a transmission over-the-air.

Sunday, May 6, 2012 11:41 PM
  • hi, @Jiansong zhang,

What will happen if there is sth wrong with the firmware. Currently I haven't met that problem though.

PS: Can I use @ to call somebody in the forum?

Thanks a lot!

Jaimie

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:19 AM
  • Thanks!
    Friday, May 11, 2012 1:07 AM