Recurring large Assembler/.prt files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I've successfully used Live Mesh to sync up a few large directories (totalling upwards of 40GB).  Unfortunately I have been getting an almost daily recurrence of very large files almost filling my boot drive in the GacBase/Assembler directory. They are .prt files generally.

I've seen threads here on this topic, and I've been deleting them.  But was wondering what I could do to  stop the daily re-loading of my drive that has been happening.  Also, should I use CleanMoe.bat for this?
    Thanks!
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Am I correct in assuming that you're not seeing a bunch of unresolved conflicts?  (You didn't mention conflicts, but I wanted to check first.)  If you don't have unresolved conflicts (which could account for the .prt files in the Assembler folder), you're probably hitting a known P2P sync issue.  We do not generally recommend deleting files in the Assembler folder, as doing so can create additional conflict issues (but, as you mention, there have been cases where people deleted them without issue).  If you can wait, though, we should have a fix for this problem in our next release, which should be coming in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Am I correct in assuming that you're not seeing a bunch of unresolved conflicts?  (You didn't mention conflicts, but I wanted to check first.)  If you don't have unresolved conflicts (which could account for the .prt files in the Assembler folder), you're probably hitting a known P2P sync issue.  We do not generally recommend deleting files in the Assembler folder, as doing so can create additional conflict issues (but, as you mention, there have been cases where people deleted them without issue).  If you can wait, though, we should have a fix for this problem in our next release, which should be coming in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:17 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I've deleted without an issue so far. No conflicts arise...
    is CleanupMoe.bat for this purpose by any chance?
    Man tho, some of the files are HUGE -- 7 GB.

I'll wait for the fix tho...
    Friday, October 10, 2008 6:29 PM