none
Microsoft remote desktop not working when not on same wifi as pc RRS feed

• Question

• I have a PC with windows 10, and an iPhone 7. I have installed the Microsoft remote desktop app and I am able to remote into my PC as long as I am on the same wifi network. If I try to use cellular or any other wifi network the app will not connect and gives me the error message "Unable to connect to remote PC. Please verify Remote Desktop is enabled, the remote PC is turned on and available on the network, and then try again." What do I need to do to be able to use this app and remote into my pc when I am away and not on the same wifi?
    • Moved by Mattew Wu Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:31 AM non developing issue
    Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You may ask your question at answers forum: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/networking

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:30 AM
  • Hi, check control panel/network adapter/ properties status for network adress(192.168.0.var). DHCP assign it automatialy, when not probably device mac adress is not correct.
    Sunday, June 25, 2017 5:15 PM