Login page in CRM RRS feed

• General discussion

•  HI,

I am new in CRM but i have exp. in ASP.net and C#. I want your help on this

I have to create one login page, which should be form authenication(not AD login or window auth.). like gmail or facebook kind of login and after login it should go to CRM portal.

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 5:08 AM

All replies

• It is not a good idea to attempt to circumvent the build in authentication that is already used by CRM.

For internal users, they only need to set the CRM url in the Local Intranet, and they should not have to log into CRM.  The domain credentials are automatically passed (only for internal domain users).  If internal users get prompted for credentials and claims and IFD have not been set up, then something is not configured properly.

If you set up Claims Based Authentication and IFD, you will get forms based authentication that allows Single Sign On authentication for your users (for up to 6 or 8 hours before they have to sign in again I believe).  It is also possible to federate with outside services such as Google or Facebook so that users can use credentials from those sites to sign in.

Beyond the above scenarios, I would not recommend creating a separate web site/service to authenticate users into CRM.  You would just be recreating the wheel and possibly opening a security risk in doing so.

Jason Peterson

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:51 AM