none
Thread Layout Issue and Thread Paging RRS feed

• Question

• Could someone from MS take a look how badly this thread layout is formatted and then fix it.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/09fd46ff-65f1-4fa7-ae2d-9f3b2644fad6/

Notice the issue starting from reply post by jefframsey, on Saturday, October 23, 2010 6:43 PM, up until to the bottom of the thread. I've verified it using IE9, FF4, and Chrome 12 and resulting in the same layout issue.

Also, I wonder why thread doesn't have paging feature. That thread is an example of how a paging feature is needed. The loading time of the thread has gone mad especially if I'm using dial-up connection.

Thanks.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:53 AM

Answers

• This should be fixed. Paging isn't in the forums because we have not been able to squeeze it into the workstream. It's on the list of things to get dealt with in a few months hopefully. Until we get paging in moderators and owners are supposed to cap and lock threads that get out of control. It doesn't help anyone to have any thread more than 50 total posts in my opinion, that isn't what the system is designed for.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:30 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• This should be fixed. Paging isn't in the forums because we have not been able to squeeze it into the workstream. It's on the list of things to get dealt with in a few months hopefully. Until we get paging in moderators and owners are supposed to cap and lock threads that get out of control. It doesn't help anyone to have any thread more than 50 total posts in my opinion, that isn't what the system is designed for.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:30 AM
    Answerer

• Thanks, Brent! Seems it has been fixed. Also, I hope paging will get implemented in the future.

It doesn't help anyone to have any thread more than 50 total posts in my opinion, that isn't what the system is designed for.

Yeah, I kinda agree with you, but it seems sometimes people need a place to discuss/brainstorm/look for solution/work around to issue that isn't clearly figured out yet and try to figure it out themselves. That thread is an example of that kind of issue, though it's not common.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 1:21 AM