none
One Wiki Article, Credit for 41 RRS feed

• Question

• I posted a Wiki article earlier today:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5312.aspx

But now I notice that my profile statistics give me credit for 41 new articles (it was 0 before). Also, I now have 42 article edits. I don't remember how many I had before, but it was less than 10. And, I see all of this listed in my activities for the last few hours. Did I do something terribly wrong, or has the process gone wild?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 10:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• HI Richard !

You profile is showing you have 50 New Articles and 51 Article Edits. If you go through you Activity is seems like you have send too many mouse clicks so every clicks count for one artcile edit.

You can re-verify this by simple clicking twice on edit article. I am sure this is a bug which needs to be fixed. Cause its not possible to edit a article 50 times in a single minutes but is possible to click 50 times.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks,
    Hasham

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 11:15 PM
  • First, when I posted the article I pasted all of the content in the html editor, so minium clicks. Then I immediately edited the article once to remove a duplicate title/header. I haven't touched it since, so there can be no explanation for the number of edits still increasing.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 11:50 PM
  • There has to be something seriously wrong with the system. As its showing you edits articles and new articles around 5 hours ago with same Article heading. I am sure there is wrong with the system.

Thanks, Hasham

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 11:57 PM
  • Great article, BTW.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:01 AM
  • I've seen those multiple entrys in activity for a single action when rating a blog. so its not something isolated. out of curiosity, do you use a proxy? (seems to happen only at work for me, where we use one, not at home where is no proxy)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:51 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Naomi for the edit. No, I'm not using a proxy. Now I'm up to 185 new articles (so far), all in less than one day.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:28 AM
  • I got the same problem. I only made a very minor edit once and I got ~50 or more records in my activities. I even earned both silver and gold achievements for this edit. There is clearly a bug which needs to be fixed ASAP.

My blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:09 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this bug - I can confirm there is something amiss and that we're now digging in.

Thanks,

John

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:35 PM
  • I figured my next achievement would take another year. Now today I've been awarded a silver and a gold achievement for Wiki Community Editor. Oh well.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:59 PM
  • I figured my next achievement would take another year. Now today I've been awarded a silver and a gold achievement for Wiki Community Editor. Oh well.

Well, consider your reputation the beneficiary of some good luck. :)

As an update: we have identified and fixed the cause of this "generosity" bug.  In December we'll look at getting the Activities back to reality, but it looks like the Achievements you have have earned might be yours to keep.

Thanks,

John

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:29 PM
  • :)) I earned 3 as well. Do I keep them? 

My blog
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:30 AM