the network path was not found exception from HRESULT: 0x80070035 RRS feed

• Question

• I continually get the following error message when running SyncToy v2.1 (had the same issue with v2.0): 

exception during run the network path was not found exception from HRESULT: 0x80070035

I don't know what this error message means or why I am now getting the message, when I used to run SyncToy all the time with no issues.

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Jessica,

It usually happens when you have some problem to access one of the sync folder. Would you mind trying whether you can access the sync folders through other application such as Windows Explorer, please?

Thanks.  

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 3:04 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem. And only recently. Nothing changed at all, simply Synctoy does not work anymore :-(.

There is one thing I recognized: The network connection collapses during the Synctoy run. It happens on both, WLAN and LAN. One could say, well it is the network. But, it is not. The network is perfectly stable until Synctoy runs. Synctoy makes the network collapse! It only comes back after quitting Synctoy, but then immediately.

I am one of those poor guys who have to work with Vista (W7 does not run on my old HP nw8440). I can imagine, that a recent update of the OS caused the problem.

And, in respect of JiGuang's question: Yes, I can access the respective folders w/o any problems - until SyncToy runs and the network dies. And even then I can access the folders from another machine.

Friday, September 10, 2010 2:52 PM