Need assistant in finding out which Product Key is used to install Office. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm wondering if there's a software available from microsoft that helps us to find out which product key is used to install office with?

Previously, there's no record on which product key was used to install office on which computer, and I would like to create a file to maintain the list of our growing software inventory.

We have about 100 computers and re registering the office product keys for all of them seems like a hassle.

Is there a tool available for office that'll allow us to view at least the last 3 sections of the product key, for office? I noticed there's such a tool available for Windows, MGADiag.

Also, from the Office Online discussion groups, and also from googling, there's a lot of tools out there that retrieves the installed product key for office, which is exactly what I need to do, but how safe are these tools? Will it siphon my product key away?

I called the microsoft helpline as well, and they said there's no such tools available from microsoft.. Why don't microsoft release a tool for us legitimate users, when such tools are already widely available?

Monday, May 21, 2007 12:56 AM

Answers