question about Live Meeting 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've enabled Web Conferencing in my new OCS 2007 environment.  I'm presently testing.  I set it up so that individaul accounts can invite anonymous users to Web Conferences.  What does it mean by anonymous?  To test external Web conferencing I've been trying to invite an external user (I send the invite to my hotmail account) to a conference by that external user can never connect.  Does the external user have to have a SIP account in some organization or can it be anybody that has the Live Meeting client installed.

This is the error that I get from the Live Meeting client - The information you entered was not recognized, or you do not have permission to join the meeting.  Check the information, and then try again.

Additionally, on the Edge Server I get this error.  Failed to process data received from the client.  Over the past 0 minutes Office Communications Server has disconnected clients 1 time(s) as a result of invalid data being received on client connections.  The last such client which was disconnected is "IP addressStick out tongueort"  Cause: Failed to process data received from the client.  Resolution: Check and make sure that the connection came from a trustworthy client.

Any help would be appreciated.

Monday, April 7, 2008 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When you enable "anonymous" for your environment, it gives you the ability to schedule anonymous meetings, but it doesn't make every meeting available to anonymous participants.

When you schedule the meeting via outlook, look at the "Access" menu - it gives you three options: "Authenticated, Open Authenticated, Anonymous".... I think by default "Open Authenticated" is chosen for you.

You just need to be sure that you've checked "anonymous" on the meeting invite itself.

More info in a blog I posted:

http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/mcgillen_matt/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=11

Regards,

Matt

Monday, April 7, 2008 2:46 PM
  •  

Actually, that is exactly how I had been attempting to join an anonymous user.  Here is what I have found through just screwing around until it started to work.  I was testing remote user access with the OCS 2007 client and Live Meeting Client on an external machine.  I was also testing the anonymous user from that machine.  The machine I was testing on isn't a member of our domain but since I had been testing remote access with OCS 2007 and Live Meeting 2007 on that machine it appears that there was some confusion within the application of how to join the meeting.  I went to another external machine of which I had never attempted remote access with OCS 2007 or Live Meeting 2007 and I successfully joined a meeting as an anonymous user.  So somehow the settings for remote user access of OCS 2007 and Live Meeting 2007 were impacting the ability of a anonymouse user from accessing the meeting.
    Monday, April 7, 2008 4:59 PM