Exchange 2010 Mailbox and OST File RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need your help please see the below…..

Today my exchange hangs and stopped and he is not able to send / Receive after checking I found that the Hard disk drive is Corrupted I replaced with new one ( I have a RAID 5).

One of my user has mailbox is not able to download the mail when I opened the Out lock 2010 I can see all old mail but I cannot download news ,when I opened the mailbox from OWA Https://mail.xxx.com/ow the mailbox showing errors, I solved the problem by disable the account and re enabled with same alias name.

Also I delete the profile for his computer and create new one after that he is able to send and receives.

My problem is…

My client he did not able to download the old mails from the server, when I tried to mount it.

From the local OST it showing “it is reserve for different mailbox”.

I have the local OST my question is

How I can import to the exchange 2010?

How I can convert the OST to PST for example any free tool?

Note:

I don’t have any backup expect the local OST

Omar A. G. Dweik Senior System Engineer Qatar - Doha
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Monday, September 5, 2011 10:48 AM off topic (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 7:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Omar,

Unfortunately this is not the correct forum to ask about Exchange 2010.  But you are in luck!  You can go to the Exchange Server forum and post your question there.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/exchangeserver

Thanks,

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

TechNet Profile
    Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    Client System Administration tool
    AD User Creation tool
    Monday, September 5, 2011 1:17 AM
  • Hello,

Anyhow it is solved by by utility

Omar A. G. Dweik Senior System Engineer Qatar - Doha
    Friday, October 28, 2011 9:23 PM
  • Hi,Omar

There are several methods to convert OST file to PST file.

First, Microsoft does not provide an official tool to do the conversion. However, if you can access the contents of the OST file in your Outlook, then you can perform the conversion manually, as follows:

1. Start Outlook. Make sure you can access all the contents in the OST file to be converted.

2. Create a new PST file.

3. Go to the OST file, select and copy all the contents to be converted with your mouse.

4. Go back to the new PST file, then paste all the contents into the PST file

That will do the OST to PST conversion.

You can also perform the conversion by exporting the contents of OST file to PST file. 

Second, if you can access the Exchange server containing the account data for the OST file, then you can use Export-Mailbox command to export the data into a PST file, similar to convert your OST file into a PST file. 

Third, you can try to convert OST to PST via Outlook VBA . 

Hope this will help. Good Luck!   

Friday, November 24, 2017 8:34 AM