Remote Desktop (MSTSC) API RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering if there is a way to use RDP Client control with my own canvas outside of a WinForms app. Specifically, I am wanting to create an RDP client that will run inside a custom Hololens app (yes, I know there is a remote desktop app that runs in Hololens, but it is 2D and I cannot have it and my 3D app running concurrently).

The closest I've found so far is here: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/rdp-support-via-winforms-and-activex-in-unity3d-v5-3.390014/, but there is no answer.

• Moved by Hart Wang Monday, March 27, 2017 7:42 AM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Brian Plotkin,

Thank you for posting here.

>>"  am wanting to create an RDP client that will run inside a custom Hololens app  "

For the custom HoloLens app, the Microsoft has specified forum for it. you could post the issue on there.

I will move the case to off-topic forum.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Hart Wang Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:03 AM
    Friday, March 17, 2017 6:58 AM
  • there used to be a remote desktop control for windows store apps but it got discontinued in Windows 10. 

Visual C++ MVP

Friday, March 24, 2017 1:05 PM