none
volume with name sys is failing RRS feed

• Question

• Yes, I know that there are many other threads concerning this problem, but they all seem to have been inactive since last year and none of them seem to give a definitive solution.  My one year old home-built WHS just started doing this a couple of months ago and I assumed that it was just a dying HDD so I replaced that drive (Maxtor 500GB internal SATA) with another (Samsung 1TB internal SATA).  Of course the problem persists (reoccurring once per week after performing repair or reboot) and both drives pass diagnostics.  Yes, it is connected to a UPS but it still did the same thing after being disconnected for one week.  Is there at least a way to supress the notification since I'm about 99% sure my drives are fine?  Windows Home Server Toolkit is the only add on and the only component change has been the CPU which was a Celeron 420.  System specs:  ECS945GCT -M1333, Celeron e1200 dual core, onboard video, Intel PRO1000GT pci-e NIC, 6 HDDs varying in size from 500GB to 1TB from various manufacturers (WD, Seagate/Maxtor, Samsung), CrystalFontz 634 USB display.
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:49 AM

Answers

All replies