What are the concequences RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, this is my second question, still waiting answers for the first one... My second question is, what are the concequences? I'm asking because since I had this ... message, my system is running very slow, it is my "Server" for the backup, I was having 400k/s now I'm at 3k/s. I'm downloading at 15k on a high speed (and yes on many sources)... Is it a concequences of having a XP counterfeit?

Thanks

Sunday, May 10, 2009 12:07 AM

Answers

• Morning Normand,

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately Network Speed issues falls outside the support scope for the WGA Forum. I haven't heard anything regarding non-genuine in correlation with network speed issues. Normand I would take this computer offline if it is on a network. Reason being you can't be sure where the image came from that was used to install the OS.  Research has shown that about half of the software copies available on P2P download sites are infected with root kits, spyware, Trojans, and other potentially harmful malware. One file in particular was very alarming.  This file was an administrator account giving the attacker full control over both your system and data.  I would be very concerned about your system integrity because Windows is non-genuine.

Take care Normand....

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, May 15, 2009 3:50 PM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 3:50 PM

All replies

• Before posting a question to this forum, please read and follow the instructions as outlined:

Va Please follow the steps outlined below, the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1.      After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.

2.      Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

Step 2 is to look on the computer itself, in the documentation you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Carey Frisch
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 3:35 AM
  • ok, we have determine that the problem is coming from Microsoft partner. They told me that it might takes weekssss to resolve. So I know that is mark as Blocked PID (see other message)

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindowsxp/thread/5428c3b7-2898-4881-adf4-d12e544eb3f2

then my question again, is speed on the network os related to this genuine problem? It happend the same time as I had the message and I don't find out why it is doing that...

Thanks

Friday, May 15, 2009 3:35 PM
  • Morning Normand,

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately Network Speed issues falls outside the support scope for the WGA Forum. I haven't heard anything regarding non-genuine in correlation with network speed issues. Normand I would take this computer offline if it is on a network. Reason being you can't be sure where the image came from that was used to install the OS.  Research has shown that about half of the software copies available on P2P download sites are infected with root kits, spyware, Trojans, and other potentially harmful malware. One file in particular was very alarming.  This file was an administrator account giving the attacker full control over both your system and data.  I would be very concerned about your system integrity because Windows is non-genuine.

Take care Normand....

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, May 15, 2009 3:50 PM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 3:50 PM