none
Powershell USB Devices and Serial Numbers RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi People,

Is there a way to get Powershell to Display all USB Devices attached to a PC, But also the Serial Number of said Devices?

the Format im looking at is something along the lines of

DisplayName          Manufacturer       SerialNumber
    ---------------         ---------------      -----------------
    Dell Monitor            Dell                      JC123456789

is this possible or am i asking for too much ?

i need to audit around 700 locations and this would make my life easier...

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Friday, February 23, 2018 5:26 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Friday, February 23, 2018 5:26 PM Yes, you're asking too much
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 10:28 PM

All replies

• So: This isn't the place to ask someone to write a hardware inventory system for you. There is a post right at the top of this forum you should read first:

This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests

The good news is that there are a number of tools, some of them are even free, that can poll your network and get device information.

There is no need to be helpless when there are search engines available. Example:

http://www.google.com/search?&q=free+hardware+inventory+software

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 10:37 PM
  • Thanks for the Quick Reply.

Apologies, didnt mean it as a script request, more of can you point me in the right direction. i can do a lot of it myself and have been doing so through Batch files, but unfortunately these are limited in there scope. a friend of mine told me to look into Powershell and i love what i see so far.

Cheers for the links

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 10:49 PM
  • "point you in the right direction" - That would be what I wrote already: Don't reinvent the wheel and use an inventory software instead. You can find some free ones using the searching link I posted.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:14 PM