none
DVD/CD-ROM Issue

Question

• Hello, I am trying to install a software onto my laptop. Usually, there is a window that will pop up on the right hand top corner that asks me what to do with the disc I have inserted. Well, that pop up no longer shows up when I insert ANY type of disc. I went to my autoplay center and adjusted a few things, still no directions or pop up to be seen since I changed my software setting in autoplay to "Ask me" meaning a pop up would come up and ask me to give directions on what to do with the disc. I proceeded to search through my devices and printers..to try and find the disc that was currently in my laptop's disc drive. I saw that there was a yellow triangle near my icon for my computer, I troubleshoot. It says " There is a problem with the driver for hp DVD-RAM UJ8D1 SATA CdRom Device Reinstalling the driver might help " I proceed to click "Apply this fix" And nothing happened, nothing was fixed. So I proceed to go to my driver's properties. Down in the box it says " Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) " Someone, please help me!!!! I have no clue on what to do, or how to fix this!!!!
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:51 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Monday, July 13, 2015 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask the laptop manufacturer, or in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:51 PM

All replies

• Bump. 

Please! Any input would be greatly appreciated. I've never had this problem with my laptop..I've had it for about 2 years now.

Monday, July 13, 2015 3:13 PM
  • Bump
    Monday, July 13, 2015 7:30 PM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:50 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask the laptop manufacturer, or in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:51 PM